The Gastroenterology ward provides highly specialized diagnostic and treatment possibilities. It operates with the European medical standards of Gastroenterology - and is accredited for second level of competence.
In our Gastroenterology Ward we provide non-surgical in-patient treatment for adults with a wide range of gastrointestinal disorders. We provide a wide variety of expertise—ranging from the management and palliation of advanced gastrointestinal tumors and pancreatic cysts, to the medical care of chronic illnesses such as GERD (gastroesophageal reflux), H. pylori infection, ulcers, hepatitis/liver disorders, gallstones, pancreas inflammations, colon polyps, and inflammatory bowel diseases (such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis).
We offer endoscopic procedures such as:
– Upper endoscopy to evaluate the causes of and provide treatment for numerous symptoms, including abdominal pain, dysphagia (swallowing difficulty), bleeding, nausea, and vomiting; to obtain tissue samples for analysis; and to remove polyps or treat bleeding.
– Colonoscopy to examine the lining of the colon to remove polyps or assess other abnormalities.
Diagnostic facilities of the Ward within the Hospital:
Mon to Sun from 11:00 to 12:00h and from 17:00 to 18:00h.
There are two- and three- person rooms
Every patient room has
- a toilet and a shower
- a locker for storing clothing and personal belongings
- a TV and a WiFi connection
- the possibility to use a landline
You can use your own mobile phone in the patient rooms and the facilities of the ward.